2018 Gymnastics Training Camp Schedule
Coaches tell us that USGTC has more required gymnastics training than any other camp!
We feel that this is one of the main reasons why our campers make such great improvements with compulsory routines, optional routines and new skills.
Campers have the opportunity to work all the Olympic events each day!
A Typical Gymnastics Day At USGTC
- 7:00 Wake up to an exciting USGTC camp day
- 7:15 – 8:00 Breakfast
- 8:25 – 10:40 Morning required warm up and classes
- 10:30 – 11:00 Fun optional gymnastics contests for campers and staff
- 11:00 – 12:00 Open workout, swim Camper/Staff dorm & outdoor color war games & contests
- 12:00 – 2:00 Lunch, relaxation and recreation
- 2:15 – 3:15 Warm up and required classes
- 3:15 – 3:45 Fun optional gymnastics contests for campers and staff
- 3:45 – 5:00 Open workout, swim, nature trek, Camper/Staff, dorm & outdoor color war games & contests.
- 5:15 Dinner
Evening Recreation Activities take place in our air conditioned multi-million dollar recreation center, dorms, and gym.
- Sunday thru Wednesday: We have exiting dorm and recreation center activities, such as Room Decorations, Treasure Hunts, Costume Night, “Color War”, poster painting, movies, and Olympic viewing. Camp store and snack bar are open every evening.
- Thursday Camper/Staff Skit Night
- Friday Camp Awards, dance, and, “Color War” closing.
Saturday Camper pickup 9:00am till 11:00am
USGTC Gymnastics and Cheer Testing Programs take place on Sundays. That is for resident and day campers.
Our unique gymnastics testing program is designed for a child’s individual ability on each of the Olympic event and tumbling. Campers are placed into groups by size, and ability. A camper who is more advanced on a specific gymnastics event, can move up to the next ability level on that event. 50% of USGTC campers are beginners, but we also have some very advanced gymnasts! We have staff that are capable of spotting any skill done in World competition.
Up to Date & Innovative:
Our sport is changing rapidly, and we know the importance of changing with the times. New equipment, mats, skills, and methods of coaching, are things to be reckoned with. We are proud to say that we have more new equipment and mats than any other U.S. camp. Together with our staff, we keep abreast of new training methods. We feel our campers deserve the best!
Five forty minute classes are required each day. We also have two one hour open workouts for the serious gymnasts. We have classes, open workouts, gymnastics contest, and also individual skill clinics, conducted by our elite staff.
Eligibility: “I’m just a beginner! Will I fit in?”
We have gymnasts who are still learning back walkovers, and handsprings. We also have gymnasts who perform world class difficult skills. Just remember that we are all at camp to learn and have fun, in a non-pressure environment.
Areas of Concentration
Every gymnast has the opportunity to have five forty-minute classes and two one-hour open workouts each day! We also have morning and afternoon warm up sessions plus some lecture demos from our Olympians and other staff.
- Five Daily Olympic event classes, including trampoline and tumbling work.
- Daily dance classes for girls.
- Two 1-hour open workouts.
- Flexibility and conditioning.
- Meaningful, fun, non pressure gymnastics contest.
- Age group contest so that everyone can get into the fun and win trophies, plaques, medals, ribbons, and points for their “Color War” team.
At times, it is important for a gymnast to scale down their daily training regimen. We realize that a camper’s ability level, state of physical condition, hot hands and sore muscles can affect a camper’s performance.